Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snore no more, Snort no more. . .

Pictured above is my baby, Mona Lisa - tiny French Bulldog. Call me crazy, but I just scheduled her rhinoplasty. As you can tell from the above photo- her nose is very much "not a honker." Her nose consists solely of two holes sticking out of her wrinkle face. For some reason this smushed face causes the following; extremely loud snoring, constant snorting (like a pot belly pig), and wicked farts. Alas, all of these things don't bother me, they are actually kind of cute for a dog so small. However, her veterinarian explained why the procedure is used. It will help her breathe easier. They will sort of hollow out her nose, and elongate her palette inside her mouth, which will allow her to be able to chew her food more fully, and not experience as many breathing problems.

The procedure is scheduled for next Friday, January 7, 2010. They will also "spay" her at that time. I will be so sad to drop her off. I hope that she is in minimal pain and she is benefited by this nose procedure. It's special how pets can become so important to us. On the flip side, I think us people are equally important to our pets. They love only us, they have eyes for only us. They just look forward to getting feed, and snuggling a little with their owner. If you are a pet owner, I hope you love your pet, take good care of it, but most of all, cherish them! Their lives are short - so make them full!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment