Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh, poor baby. What do you want, a Whitman's Sampler?

I'm back! After a long vacation,  and alot of changes. I have decided to dedicate at least a few minutes of idle work time to start blogging again.

So I'm at work, right, I adore my job. I really do look forward to being here everday. The personalities around this place are so diverse, I usually leave laughing at something. At any rate, I am taking valuable billable time out of my day to bring you my thoughts on "gifting." Christmas, as it is rapidly sneaking up on us, brings out the generosity in people, and also the stingy traits that some may possess. I love nothing more than to really surprise someone with a gift. Sometimes it is hard though. I am excited about a few of my gifts to others this year. One of my favorite gift-givers is my Grandmother. Throughout the years she has provided a laugh or two at family christmas. One Christmas one of her gifts she was most excited about was "vibrating soap", no explanation needed. She is, however, one of the worst secret keepers. She always tells us everything she bought us before we open it. Mostly I think this is just because she wants to make sure we will like it. She gets severe anxiety over Christmas, always worrying about buying people what they want. It is much appreciated, but I know she would do fine on her own. . . er, maybe not. She did call me up yesterday to ask "Amby, do you like that Brighton Jewelry?" To which I replied, "NO, just get me that Burberry Perfume you got me last year." Ha.

I have done so much of my shopping on Amazon this year. I adore that place, it really is a "Marketplace." I also love getting online and tracking my packages. Theres actually one package"out for delivery" as I type this. Whatever your gifting style, Happy Shopping!

Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment